Youth Gaelic Games Programs
The ISSC is committed to encouraging all to play and enjoy Gaelic Games, no matter their ability, in an atmosphere that promotes fun, friendship and personal growth.
Our Mission is to promote the Gaelic Games to Youth in the Lower Mainland.
If your child likes soccer, rugby, basket ball or volleyball: they will LOVE Gaelic Football.
If they like hockey, lacrosse or baseball; they will LOVE Hurling.
Look out for Gaelic Games Camps and other events throughout the year.
GAELIC GAMES – SCHOOLS PROGRAMS (Scroll Down)
GAELIC GAMES – YOUTH PROGRAMS
Summer Youth Gaelic Games 2018
- Training: June 5th and June 12th – 7- 8.30 pm Charleston Park
- Vancouver Games Day: June 17th – 10.00 am-11.30 am Bridgeview Park
- Training: July 3rd and July 10th – 6.30-8.00 pm Clark Park
- Vancouver Games Day: July 14th – 10.00 am-11.30 am BURNABY LAKE
- Games Day: August 4th – 10.00 am-11.30 am BURNABY LAKE
- Training: July 31st and August 7th – 6.30-8.00 pm Clark Park
- Vancouver Games Day: August 12th – 10.00 am-11.30 am Cresent Park
The ISSC Vancouver WANTS your children to have the opportunity to play Hurling and Gaelic Football right here in Vancouver.
We have held youth workshops for ages 16 and down since 2010, and in June and July this year, we will offer a program packaged for kids from toddlers, right up to U-18. Please contact RONAN (below) for further details.
The ISSC Vancouver will provide the following as part of our Youth Gaelic Games package, for just $50 per child (Returning Registrants receive massive discounts)
- Program of Gaelic Games, with hands-on, skill-based, fun drills for all ages,
- Access to proper playing equipment for Hurling and Gaelic Football,
- ISSC Kits, with t-shirts, shorts, socks and other goodies for all participants
- Coaching in two high-skilled sports that will interest kids no matter what their #1 sport is
If you would like to SIGN-UP for the Youth Gaelic Games Package, please contact RONAN DEANE, ISSC – Youth Development
WHAT ARE GAELIC GAMES?
Gaelic Games are Ireland’s ancient national games and are made up of four main sports – Hurling, Gaelic Football, Rounders (a bat and ball, strike and fielding game that preceded Baseball) and Handball (a court or alley based game that uses the hand to strike a ball off a wall and outscore an opponent).
We will FOCUS on Gaelic Football & Hurling
They are distinctly amateur sports, governed by the Gaelic Athletic Association or GAA which has blossomed into the largest amateur sporting organization in the world. The GAA was founded in 1884 for the preservation and promotion of Gaelic Games, culture and pastimes. It has over 300,000 players and 800,000 members, with over 2,000 clubs in Ireland alone and another 300 outside of Ireland.
The ISSC Vancouver WANTS to come and coach Gaelic Football at your schools.
In the last 5 years, we have promoted to almost 6,000 Students at schools in Vancouver, Burnaby, Chilliwack, Cloverdale, Delta, North Vancouver and Surrey, and as far away as Victoria, BC. It has been a positive experience for ourselves, the students who participate and the teachers that have provided us the opportunity to present.
The ISSC Vancouver will support the School Districts, as follows:
- schedule regular visits from ISSC to demonstrate the technical skills of the sports,
- source & provide equipment specific to the Gaelic Games, and then
- formulate a program of regular self-guided classes, follow-up workshops with ISSC members, and coordination of inter-school matches in the District (say in the run-up to St. Patricks Day)
If you would like to schedule a visit from our cheerful and enthusiastic members.
CONTACT RONAN DEANE, ISSC – Youth Development